Friday 18 February 2011

The time has come...

London Fashion Week has Arrived


Somerset House this morning was rife with activity as T.V and radio crews, fashion editors, writers and international buyers all assembled for what I believe, will be the start of a very exciting Fashion Week!

I imagine that currently iconic British designers are working alongside emerging talents back stage in a manic frenzies of preparation for their shows.  Last fittings will be taking place, hem lines altered, models chosen and run through's will be all be happening as we speak in order to fully prepare themselves for their moment in the spot light.


With an expected audience of over 5,000 buyers there is a record number of american buyers, as well as some who are attending for the very first time. With such an international presence at LFW, this is bound to be one of the greatest fashion weeks London will have ever hosted!!

I cannot wait to see the creative energy and talent that will be expected to grace the catwalk throughout this week, talking of which I'm off now to see who and what will inspire me this year, so until tomorrow-happy fashion spotting!

Oh and just as a teaser I have added Paul Costelloe's show from this morning to my side bar-happy viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment